Schock’s Scrap by Stephanie

Sunday, April 27, 2008

I didn't fall off the face of the earth...

It just looks that way on the blog! :) So here's the month in review.
I'm 17 days post-op and other than a little soreness, I'm fine. I feel much better than I expected I would. Brian was wonderful and took over for me completely so I could recover. He laughs and says "What did you expect me to do?" But really... taking over in every aspect of the child-rearing and running the house takes work! I only missed 3 days of work, but even after I went back, Brian took care of business around here. He is simply wonderful.
I had my birthday this month. The big 3-0. We kept it simple, just dinner and a movie, so I wouldn't go into shock or have a midlife crisis. Ha ha! Jaxon assured me that "30 is a lot" but that I'm "not old". :) I still don't feel like a grown up, let alone like a mom in my 30's (sheesh)! Ok... I need to stop now before I DO start to feel old... here's some scrap news from my fabulous designers that I'm lucky enough to CT for!

Andrea Gold is hosting a quick page exchange using her gorgeous "Discover" kit at GDS with some GREAT participation prizes. Check out her blog post for more info or check out the QP exchange at GDS.

Beckie Wallace will be hosting a lyric challenge all weekend long and having a huge sale in her Digital Candy Shoppe to celebrate NSD! So be on the lookout May 3-4th!

Brian and I will be sending the kids to grandma's next weekend (I must admit this was BEFORE I knew it was National Scrapbooking Day) but I still plan on checking out some sales! :) I know a gal started a NSD master sales list at DST which I'll be checking on. I also have gotten some of my ADSR prizes and WOW is all I can say. I can already tell you I'm going to be a Bella Scraps fan. And those memory purses are cool (just got to figure out what I want to scrap and put in it!) Anyway, more LOs to come- I'll update my slide soon too. :)

5 comments:

The Duchess said...

Happy Birthday! I'm SO excited about all the events going on at Digital Candy next week!

The Mini Mum said...

Glad you are starting to feel better! And belated birthday wishes as well. My daughter says that Daddy is old cos he's 30. I ask if I am old, she said "No, you're not 30 mum"... I'm 29 ROFL

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! The colors are fabulous and you have a wonderful writing style. Thank you for stopping by and saying howdy. I'm glad you're back on the planet.

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog! First thanks for stopping by. Your blog is wonderful. The colors are fabulous. I'm putting you on my blog roll.

gabs-art said...

thanks for stopping by. you blog is great! have a fab day!