Schock’s Scrap by Stephanie

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Summer is here! Woo hoo!

Well, I'll start with good news. My FABULOUS assistants Jana and Christy basically packed my classroom single-handedly. I just don't know what I'd do without them. So the classroom is packed and I'm "checked out"- the last day I went in to work with Christy, I was sick and only spent about an hour there and she took care of it. They are SO truly awesome! Now that school is over, the only school related stuff I have going on is planning for next year, the "buddy group" for kids with autism and some in-home training for one of my families. I'm so excited about this extra time in my day- I hope to get a lot of new layouts done so I can finally get some printed out. I made Scrapper of the Month for June at GDS which is cool- not only is it nice to be recognized, but I got the huge and fantastic June GDS collab along with it!

The bad news (other than being REALLY sick for two days that is). I made it through to round 4 of the GDS Supreme Team site CT contest. It was down to 23 this round and they made the final cut to 12 Supremes. I was really hoping I'd make it, but I didn't. :( I know I should feel good for making it this far, but I can't help but feel a little disappointed. I'm glad for the gals who made it, and their stuff is awesome, but I thought sunmer would be a GREAT time for me and was really hopeful. My sweet husband reminded me that this was my first try for the Supreme team and that out of 104 people, I made it down to the final round. He is actually trying hard to support this "habit" of mine (how sweet is that?) I think I'll try next time around, but I was hoping for a summer term- oh well!

Well, I'm off to do some laundry and run some errands. When I get back, I'm planning on some layouts for Andrea and Patty (who by the way is Scrap Outside the Box's Designer of the month- woo hoo Patty!), so keep an eye out! :)

1 comment:

Flergs said...

How awesome being scarpper of the month!!! woot woot what a fantastic toot for you girl!!